Saturday, April 11, 2009

SylvanSport GO? It’s a homerun!

I’ve been thinking so much about camping recently that I decided to check out the options for a pop-up camper.  We love the idea of camping off the ground but don’t have a truck to haul a pop-up camper so I started looking around.  Coleman has come out with a cool idea, the Coleman Switchback: it’s a lightweight gear box/hauler that turns into a tent once it’s unloaded.  You haul your bikes, canoes and coolers on the Switchback and then it’s your tent for the night. It’s a cool idea but man, it’s ugly (sorry, Coleman R & D peeps!) and I’m not sure it adds that much value to a regular cargo hauler. Here are a few pictures so you can see what I mean – click on the images to enlarge:

Pretty cool idea, right? I’m really into the concept and started reading online to see what people are saying about this fugly camper, and then I found it. The most unbelievably cool camper with a similar concept and what I can only describe as a funky European aesthetic (think Ikea on wheels). This supreme being is known as the SylvanSport GO and is our latest obsession. Check it out:

And to see this baby in all of her glory, click on each of these pictures:

So okay, here’s the deal. All you need to do is to send me one dollar. Just one dollar! Then all I need is another 6,999 people to send me a buck and we’re in business.

3 comments:

  1. Cute - but how would you haul it????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats cool - Did you see any of the Tree Tents?

    http://www.drewapenaar.com/project.php?id=67

    These looked very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has the Go and pulled it with a honda accord fir the first year. She loves it and uses it maybe 6-8 months of the year as she travels around the states.She mounted her bike rack and a storage bin on top - everything she owns goes with her and her Go.

    ReplyDelete