Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Even the Presidential Suite wouldn't have helped...

My kids love hotels. There is something rejuvenating about a room without the clutter that inevitably fills a house, and as soon as we unlocked the door to our room at the cute red hotel in the mountains my kids relaxed and were ready for their next clue. This time they had a Detour, a choice between two different tasks, so they set off on an Olympic-themed scavenger hunt and really worked together. They came back with one demerera sugar cube, a 10 kroner coin, and a single, rejected crampon they found in a snow pile. I said crampon. Seriously, get a dictionary. Sara liked the scavenger hunt so much that she wished the list had been longer. Instead of the colors of the Olympic medals, you should have said the colors of the Olympic flag!  

The final clue was a word search that revealed a secret message after all the words were circled. The letters not used spelled out the reason we came all the way here, and I couldn't wait to see the look on Sara's face when she realized what we were going to be doing. We had found what we thought was the ideal solution for unforgettable winter fun in Norway with kids who don't ski or snowboard. We were going tobogganing at the Olympic Park! Sara was incredulous. Riding on toboggans?? Here is comes, the big payoff, the shriek of delight, the hugs for Jon and me. I am NOT GOING tobogganing! I absolutely refuse! This day sucks!!

Oh, no! No brakes!!  Click on me to see my expression!  **

** Just kidding, Jon staged this picture as a joke. 
It's April Fool's Day, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment