Sunday, April 19, 2009

I love my family and…

Now that we’re getting ready to got to Holland to our next exchange, I’ve been thinking about what’s really been working for us over here. Remember, we are packing with relative economy (read all about that here) and getting by on the minimum. Here’s what is putting the smile on my face:

  • downloading English-language books from Amazon Kindle to Jon’s iPod (no more bulky paperbacks in the backpacks!)
  • www.yogatoday.com – the closest to a real yoga class I’ve found online, and it’s free!
  • my 4 dollar ice trays
  • $40 VPN client software on my laptop so I can stream music, TV shows, and movies from the USA (the best $40 ever spent!)
  • Bridgedale socks- especially because I have 3 pairs
  • packing cubes from eBags – we each have our own color
  • Chapstick lip moisturizer with SPF 15 (I brought 4 of these)
  • my Etymotic 6i headphones – because they’re noise isolating instead of noise cancelling, they don’t require a battery, sound great, and fit in tiny case

No comments:

Post a Comment