Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring sprang, then sprung


Just as I was starting to think the snow was gone - for sure - and the spring flowers were no longer tentative, it snowed. Then it hailed, if you can believe that, and snowed again, leaving just a slight dusting on the ground this morning. We had switched over to our lighter, fleece jackets last week, but then Jon and Sam made the full commitment and re-attached their liners to their fleece coats for the return of the winter weather. I am not so sure, and in my ambivolence I am keeping my liner detached, but still wearable if I need it. Somehow this reassures me that the winter is not coming back. How could it be, when my jacket liner is not attached? My jacket strategy served me well this morning, 15 minutes into our walk, when we realized that even with the snowy roads the weather was too warm and sunny for full regalia.  Swoosh! My jacket was off, scarf stuffed in one sleeve and gloves in the other, and I was on the move again in search of the tracks of the intrepid Sara. Hey, we can't be Bear Grylls every day, sometimes we have to be bushwhackers. I know, I know, the jokes just write themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment