Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, dear CVS, how do I miss thee?

This is our grocery store, similar to Jon's hometown market in Orion, IL.
Some things about home exchanging are immediately great, others take some getting used to, and there are those few things that just don't work for me.  At all. Right now I am really missing the convenience of living in the States.  I am finally used to not being able to get ice in my drinks, and am living a life of luxury here with my 2 petite ice trays that I have to shuttle back and forth between the kitchen and the downstairs freezer.  I don't mind the limited selection of groceries - in fact it the challenge can be sort of fun - nor do I care that nothing is open on Sundays.  Great, maybe we can actually have a family day, something that rarely happens at home, despite our best laid plains.  But right now, I would give my left arm for a big, American-style drugstore, with its brightly lit and overflowing aisles of pills, creams, and ointments.  With my allergies to certain soaps and detergents, it has become a problem to find products that work, and impossible to find creams and ointments to make up for those that don't. Although I can look out the window and see beautiful mountains and tranquil water, I would trade this view in a minute for a view of an overly-lit Walgreen's parking lot!

1 comment:

  1. Den forsyninger av såper og ointments være underveis veldig snart!

    ReplyDelete