Thursday, May 7, 2009

Paarden me!

So you know by now that Gapinge is a rural town of about 300 people, a bunch of horses, tons of sheep, dozens of chickens, and, well, you get the idea. So as we were biking back from the grocery store in neighboring Serooskerke this afternoon, I was glad I had the camera so I could grab a couple shots of my favorite local sign: push button to cross. Everybody knows these buttons: push to change the traffic light in your favor so you can cross the street. Around here, though, it’s not so simple. There are so many cyclists that the button is set up on a post that you bike up to, not walk up to, with a little picture of a guy on a bike. That’s cute and different, but what really cracks me up is for the people neither on foot nor on bikes. Check this one out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sounds like a neat place, see a small town isn't too bad. Hope the weather gets better and you had a good weekend. It is cool here today.
    Love Wilma

    ReplyDelete