Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My mother joins the fun

On Sunday we picked up my mother from the airport in Brussels and brought her back to Gapinge for a 2 week visit. This is her first time in Holland, and we’re especially interested in how she finds the whole home exchange process. Will she feel weird in their house? Will she like Holland as much as we do? Will she think we are crazy? Will she finally understand why home exchange makes such good sense? It’s been only a few days and I’m not sure she has those answers yet, although I know that she does feel comfortable in the home of Piet and Lies, our Dutch exchangers. She has already posed for the obligatory photo in Middelburg, so we’re definitely on our way to a successful visit! This Sunday is Mother’s Day in the US, so we’re off to celebrate with a weekend in Paris. I’m pretty sure that will be a good time for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment