Thursday, May 7, 2009

My mother brought the wind and cold

The weather has sucked ever since Mom got here. I’m not saying that it’s her fault entirely, but it sure is a big coincidence, don’t you think? We finally got Jon hooked up with a comfy bike that fit, got one for Mom for the 2 weeks, and had great plans for 3 generations of cycling through the Dutch countryside. Instead, we got in one short ride to Veere where we froze our asses off eating lunch en plein air and wishing for mittens. I don’t want to say that my mother cursed the weather so that she wouldn’t have to ride a bike, that would be rude, but let’s just say that the thought has crossed my mind a few hundred times. Just bring the warm weather back, Mom, you don’t have to ride the bike if you don’t want to…but we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment