Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Eiffel Tower? Check!

This weekend we went to Paris for Mother’s Day. How crazy is that? Actually, it wasn’t too crazy – I got a great deal on train tickets while we were in Norway, so we drove back to Brussels and got the 90 minute train to Paris. Sam made his pail list when we were in Norway (click here to check it out), and he has been talking about visiting the Eiffel Tower for months so he could do something on his list. We took an open-air tour bus around the city, and suddenly Sam leapt out of his seat: there it IS, Momma! So cute. So we waited in the long line to climb the tower, and we didn’t really mind the first 335 steps. Sam was so excited that he practically ran up the steps, and I was happy that my legs cooperated. We’d planned to walk up to the first level and then ride the rest of the way, but in typical French fashion it wasn’t so simple. As it turns out, the elevator is only available to people who buy an elevator ticket, and, you guessed it, we’d bought tickets for the stairs. Daddy, I want to ride on the elevator now! Yes, we were screwed. I found a Tower Guy who said that we could buy a supplement for elevator access (Yes!) but it is only available from the next level up (No!). So on we went, and after 668 stairs I was calling it the Awful Tower and promising myself that I’d do more exercise as soon as we got back to Holland. It had started to rain, just a light drizzle but enough to really cloud the view, so Sam was content to ride the elevator down and move on to our next adventure. Check out these pictures of our fun time!

1 comment:

  1. That looks cool, I don't think I could have made that many steps, what did Sam say? Did Sara climb up also?
    The view looks great.
    Love Mom C

    ReplyDelete