Thursday, June 25, 2009

More mini houses to love

Of course you already know hat I’m a fan of all things mini (as discussed here, here, here, and here ). I especially love the efficiency that goes into small space design, and can spend hours in the little houses inside my local Ikea. Go, you’ll see.  I’ve been in love with the Tumbleweed Tiny Houses forever, but they’re out of my budget. So when I saw these amazing Sweetwater Bungalows over at Apartment Therapy, I immediately thought of my sister. She definitely could use one of these bad boys in her back yard, maybe even two. They are basically tents that get built atop a platform and become little cabins which can then be customized for the purpose and the climate (yes, heat, electric, and indoor plumbing are possible!!). The price runs around $25/square foot, which is very, very cheap, but doesn’t include the platform of shipping. So, you’re talking less than $10,000 for any of the 3 models, upgraded a bit, and shipped to you.  Consider what you can do: an art studio, a guest room, a playhouse, a pool cabana, a writer’s retreat, a massage/facials studio…the possibilities are endless! They use that as their slogan, so it must be true!

sweetwater2 sweetwater4-450x295  sweetwaterint sweetwaterinterior2 beachhouse2beachhouse

 

 

Images 1, 2 from tinyhouseblog.com, 3,4,5 from apartmenttherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment