Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oats, Peas, Barley Grow…

lucasfoglia_623_9-finalgood

Today on Re-Nest I saw a link to this story about a community garden in my old home town of Providence, RI. Aside from being captivated by the beautiful images of photographer Lucas Foglia, I was also thinking that if we still lived in Providence, this would be a great volunteer opportunity for my kids. Surely my sister would be into it – she inherited the green thumb from our mother. I am so bad with plants that once they gave me a houseplant with a  care tag that read Microwave for 30 seconds until totally dead. What a couple of comedians. Click here to read the article via Good Magazine, and here to learn more about the Southside Community Land Trust in Providence, RI.

image: Lucas Foglia

1 comment:

  1. Is this the first time you've heard about Southside? Deb and I used to go every year and buy plants at their fund raising sale!!!!!

    ReplyDelete