Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weird, huh?

Tonight at 6:30 I am going to the train station to pick up my sister Beth Wrenn and her family for their much anticipated, albeit short, visit to Europe. Because Beth and I both have husbands named Jon (he’s actually a John), we’ve been unable to lose the habit of referring to Beth’s John as Johnwrenn.  It must be me. When Sara was little, I worked with a group of people with multiple Johns, and one of my favorites was a guy named John Bivens. He became Johnbivens to Sara, a frequent visitor, who never called him anything else. My sister worked there too, so she’s also an early adopter of this naming convention.  So anyway, Beth and Johnwrenn wanted to be sure that our exchange house would have some of baby gear they need for their daughter Allie who’s 18 months old. I checked with our exchangers before we left to make sure they had a crib and car seat (they do), and it turns out that their little boy is also 18 months old. In fact, he and Allie are exactly the same age. They were born on the same day, in the same year. The exact same day. Weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment