Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ice, Ice, baby…

It seems that the one hot day we’ve had here in Gothenburg was a bit out of the ordinary, and the weather’s been cool to very cool (OK, it was cold, but I like to sound rugged). So when the temps peaked at 16 degrees yesterday, I was ready to go to the beach. Oh, that’s 60 degrees Fahrenheit for those of you playing along at home.  We packed a picnic lunch and headed to our favorite beach in Hovås where there were a few families, but mostly teenagers happy to be done with school and not caring much about anything else. Sam loves the big rocks that remind him of Norway and doesn’t care that there really isn’t much sand to play on. The water would have been great were it not for the whipping wind, but I could lie in a grassy crevice on the rock and be shielded enough for some sunning. The beautiful scenery reminds me a bit of coastal Maine or even Norway, and I am happy just to sit and watch the water flow by.

1 comment: