Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home sweet home…

DSCN0200

Okay, you’ve busted me, I’ve been home for a little over a week now. But wait! I’ve been busy restoring my house to its former state. I really haven’t been relaxing by the pool with a good book, or sleeping late in my incredibly comfortable bed. Of course not. My kitchen was a complete disaster, but nothing a little cleaning wouldn’t fix. So now that we’re home, I’ve been very eager to get back into cooking with my own equipment, and today I made a fabulous loaf of bread that was so easy (and it was my first attempt at bread-making so I was so surprised!!). Anyway, I’ve been missing making my jewelry and have had lots of interest lately, so stay tuned for updates on how to buy my designs and place orders for custom pieces.

I am really grateful for my wonderful husband and kids, and am so glad to have shared our 6 month adventure with these amazing people. Thanks to the rest of our families for supporting us on our adventure when they thought we were crazy, and for sending us packages of soap when we couldn’t find the right kind. I also want to thank my very special Mom and Dad Carroll for taking care of our dog Sunny when things weren’t so easy back in Orion. I love you all. Stay tuned for more adventures, a little closer to home this time.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back to the blogosphere. I was worried that I would be stuck with only the updates from the rambling Cardinal fan. Between WLL and HomeRoamers I have a well balanced internet experience. Thanks for keeping it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, everyone here loves the dog, she is a very good dog, doesn't like storms.
    The house looks good, was that when you got all the weeds pulled?

    ReplyDelete